[users] Subversion 1.6.17 srpm tools, for RHEL 4/5/6 compatible 1.6.x releases

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 07:27:05 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM, Denis Fateyev <denis at fateyev.com> wrote:

> Hello Nico,
>
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> I thought I'd already submitted a message: looks like it bounced. (This
>> has occasionally been happing with my Gmail account to mailing lists: I
>> think it's some phase lag in SPF updates causing filters to not realize the
>> GMail MTA is legitimate.)
>>
>> I'll resubmit.
>>

> I'm planning to integrate your 1.6.17 and 1.7.4 versions both (the first
> is for RHEL3/4 and the second is for using with newer RHELs), preliminarily
> flushing subversion directory in the repo from all outdated specs and
> patches. Are your subversion repos ready for the final integration? ;)
>
> If you can get 1.6.17 to compile for RHEL 3, I'm going to be really,
really surprised. I don't even have a test environment for that. If it
works, *great*.

Note that both 1.6.17 and 1.7.4 have a "filter-requires.sh" source file,
and it differs and should probably be renamed if you're going to put them
in the same directory.

I think both releases are workable. If I felt ambitious, I'd rewrite the
1.7.4 to use the same new "_with_" syntax I incorporated to 1.6.17, which
is a lot cleaner, but It's not critical. And I've not personally hammered
the Java or Python or Ruby toolkits: I only got them to build cleanly.
Anyone who uses those toolkits would be very welcome, indeed to hammer them
and test them more effectively than I possibly could. (I'm not expert in
any of those languages)