[users] New svn2cl SRPM tools at https://github.com/nkadel/svn2cl-0.4-srpm

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 03:21:43 CEST 2012

The subversion-1.7.x software no longer includes the "contrib" directory,
with its old version of "svn2cl". That was a weird setup, anyway: it was
phase-locked to Subversion releases, but had a different release numbering
scheme. Messy! And if you had the subversion-svn2cl-1.6.x-y package, it's
no longer available as part of subversion-1.7.x. This can cause upgrade
issues.

I've built a separate SRPM toolkit for a separate "svn2c" package., at
https://github.com/nkadel/svn2cl-0.13-srpm/. It does obsolete the
"subversoin-svn2cl", and is a newer version than that provided by
subversion-1.6.18. It does "Requires: subversion", but not a specific
verson of subversion, so it should be compatible with the different
subverson releases in the future without having to lock versions with
subversion. (That was always unwieldy and unnecessary, anyway.)

So I'd love to get that into Repoforge, to go with the subverson-1.7.4
bundles I recently published over at github.