[users] Subversion 1.6.17 srpm tools, for RHEL 4/5/6 compatible 1.6.x releases

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 04:24:11 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Denis Fateyev <denis at fateyev.com> wrote:

> Hello Nico,
>
> I have seen the specs, really amazing work! But there are some questions:
>
> 1) Wouldn't it be better to synchronize `psvn.el` and `subversion.conf`
> files between the releases? I certainly could do it, but I know you can do
> it more accurately.

This seems very reasonable. Let me code review them. psvn.el actually has
an update I may grab.

> 2) I doubt that the trick with `gnome-keyring.h` in `BuildRequires` is
> really needed. The package called the same in both releases, actually
> `gnome-keyring-devel`.

That actually came from Fedora 17 testing.  Fedora has been renaming a
bunch of utilities with "lib" as a prefix. It makes keeping consistent
compatibilities.... awkward. There are other awkwardnesses, so I can roll
back that change.

Fedora 17 is going to be a very, very painful upgrade for many Repoforge
packages.

> As for the build procedure itself, seems packages are built nicely in
> RHEL5 and RHEL6 under mock, but I have experienced some unexpected multilib
> issues with static build (pure and simple `rpmbuild`.) Since mock works
> fine it cannot be considered as a problem unless DAR uses the same technic
> (I haven't checked it though.)

I bet you have neon-devel installed. That causes the autoconf to detect the
wrong neon. I've not pursued that, much preferring to use a "mock"
environment to avoid just that sort of library incompatibility.

Hmm. I *could* teach the %setup to check for neon-devel, and exit if
present on RHEL 4. That could be nasty in a system that is used to build
other software....