[users] Bug in perl-NetAddr-IP-4.044-1.el5.rf

email builder emailbuilder88 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 23:51:16 CET 2012


Hello,

Lately I've been seeing this every day caused by sa-update (spamassassin
updater) run from cron:

Subroutine Net::DNS::Resolver::Base::AF_INET6 redefined at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Exporter.pm line 65.
 at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Net/DNS/Resolver/Base.pm
line 65I searched Google and saw that this issue was supposedly from 2008 and was
fixed.  The only helpful thing I found was a couple people recommending to
remove perl-IO-Socket-INET6.  I wanted to avoid the hassle of yum complaining
because I removed a package that is a dependency of others, so I asked for
help on the spamassassin and CentOS mailing lists.  In the end, the CentOS
list members seemed to help me find the cause:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.centos.general/121797

I had these (the seemingly relevant packages):

perl-IO-Socket-INET6-2.51-2.fc6

perl-Net-DNS-0.63-1.el5.rfspamassassin-3.3.1-2.el5

I was encouraged to try not to mix rpms from different repos, so
I changed to the CentOS repo for perl-Net-DNS:

perl-Net-DNS-0.59-3.el5

Still no luck, and eventually it was suggested that
perl-NetAddr-IP might be the cause.  After changing
it to CentOS repo, the bug has gone away:

perl-NetAddr-IP-4.027-5.el5_6

So it appears that perl-NetAddr-IP-4.044-1.el5.rf might have
a redundant function definition (AF_INET6) in it.

HTH and thank you for your service!!



More information about the users mailing list