[users] Bug in perl-NetAddr-IP-4.044-1.el5.rf

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 15:41:19 CET 2012

On 10/01/12 14:08, David Hrbáč wrote:
> Dne 9.1.2012 23:51, email builder napsal(a):
>> Hello,
>>
>> Lately I've been seeing this every day caused by sa-update (spamassassin
>> updater) run from cron:
>>
>> Subroutine Net::DNS::Resolver::Base::AF_INET6 redefined at
>> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Exporter.pm line 65.
>>   at
>> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Net/DNS/Resolver/Base.pm
>> line 65I searched Google and saw that this issue was supposedly from 2008 and was
>> fixed.  The only helpful thing I found was a couple people recommending to
>> remove perl-IO-Socket-INET6.  I wanted to avoid the hassle of yum complaining
>> because I removed a package that is a dependency of others, so I asked for
>> help on the spamassassin and CentOS mailing lists.  In the end, the CentOS
>> list members seemed to help me find the cause:
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.centos.general/121797
>>
>> I had these (the seemingly relevant packages):
>>
>> perl-IO-Socket-INET6-2.51-2.fc6
>>
>> perl-Net-DNS-0.63-1.el5.rfspamassassin-3.3.1-2.el5
>>
>> I was encouraged to try not to mix rpms from different repos, so
>> I changed to the CentOS repo for perl-Net-DNS:
>>
>> perl-Net-DNS-0.59-3.el5
>>
>> Still no luck, and eventually it was suggested that
>> perl-NetAddr-IP might be the cause.  After changing
>> it to CentOS repo, the bug has gone away:
>>
>> perl-NetAddr-IP-4.027-5.el5_6
>>
>> So it appears that perl-NetAddr-IP-4.044-1.el5.rf might have
>> a redundant function definition (AF_INET6) in it.
>>
>> HTH and thank you for your service!!
>
> Hello,
> Seems to me that you are still using the mix of repos. Packages from RF
> work fine.
>
> root at specs2:1280:279:/$ rpm -q spamassassin perl-IO-Socket-INET6
> perl-Net-DNS perl-NetAddr-IP| sort
> perl-IO-Socket-INET6-2.57-2.el5.rfx
> perl-NetAddr-IP-4.044-1.el5.rf
> perl-Net-DNS-0.66-1.el5.rfx
> spamassassin-3.3.2-2.el5.rfx

Indeed, and even some combinations work fine if you're not using IPv6:

$ rpm -q spamassassin perl-IO-Socket-INET6 perl-Net-DNS perl-NetAddr-IP
package perl-IO-Socket-INET6 is not installed
perl-NetAddr-IP-4.044-1.el5.rf.x86_64
perl-Net-DNS-0.59-3.el5.x86_64
spamassassin-3.3.2-2.el5.rfx.x86_64

PS - perl-Net-DNS latest upstream version is currently 0.67.