[users] Bug in perl-NetAddr-IP-4.044-1.el5.rf

email builder emailbuilder88 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 16:34:07 CET 2012

>>  Sure, yes.  As you see above, I have spamassassin installed from

>>  CentOS repo as well as others.  My problem was fixed by not using the
>>  RepoForge version of perl-NetAddr-IP any more. To me it would seem
>>  common that many people pick up packages from RepoForge that they
>>  can't get from CenOS or need for some other reason.  And it seems
>>  logical that the packages should work together as best possible.  I
>>  realize version problems may be hard to overcome in all cases, but I
>>  guess I thought a subroutine being defined in a place that it
>>  shouldn't might be something to fix in your repo.
>
> As my reply to centos list. These packages are within RF email stack
> solution. So we want users to have them all from RF, not just particular
> ones.

But why is perl-NetAddr-IP in your base repo?  Your FAQ says:

Our goal is to move all packages that conflict with upstream packages
into a separate “extras” repository; this way, users who want to be
confident that our packages will not cause conflicts with upstream can
enable the base repository, and users who want newer versions of
packages (and are willing to tolerate some package conflicts) can enable
 the extras repository.