[users] mock and repoforge, /etc/mock/WHAT?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 05:17:13 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov at tut.by> wrote:
> Hello. I'm trying to build some of my packages for repoforge using mock
> but I cannot find a configuration file for repoforge under /etc/mock?
> I'm running SL-6. Am I missing something?

EPEL has been maintaining that. I follow several steps to make this useful:

* Move aside all the unused setups from /etc/mock/*.cfg to a
/etc/mock/disabled/*.cfg This makes it much easier to pick and choose.
* Repoint the primary repositiries to local repositories. For example,
my 'base' repo for RHEL 6 based systems looks like this:

  [base]
  name=BaseOS
  enabled=1
  #mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os
  baseurl=http://192.168.1.106/mirrors/scientific/6/x86_64/os/
  failovermethod=priority

* Add a repoforge or rpmforge repository in the same .cfg file.

  # Specifically added for rpmforge access
  [rpmforge]
  name = RHEL $releasever - RPMforge.net - dag
  mirrorlist = http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/mirrors-rpmforge
  enabled = 1
  protect = 0

* Consider restricting the built-in epel repository if I'm building
repoforge compatible packages. That's a bit tricky and sometimes needs
tuning, due to perl modules with the same components but different
package names or tools like nagios-plugins that are split up
differently for different repositories.