[users] vlc 1.1.13 rpm segfaults

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sat Mar 17 01:15:57 CET 2012

I have the following rpm installed on my scientific linux 6.x x86_64
(rolling version) system.

vlc-1.1.13-1.el6.rf.x86_64

It started segfaulting after the SL 6.2 upgrade rolled out.

$ `which vlc` foo.wmv
VLC media player 1.1.13 The Luggage (revision exported)
Warning: call to srand(1331943087)
Warning: call to rand()
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_ADDRESS")
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_BUS_TYPE")
[0x1ad5120] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use
'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")
Warning: call to srand(1332654983)
Warning: call to rand()
Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")

(process:6049): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")
Warning: call to rand()
Segmentation fault

If I strace it, the video plays and does not segfault.

I am using the proprietary NVIDIA driver 295.20, not sure if it happens
with nouveau.

Regards,
John