[users] [Fwd: RPMforge/Repoforge and Puppet]

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Wed Nov 21 13:23:32 CET 2012

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Ian Young <ian at iay.org.uk>
To: yury at shurup.com
Subject: RPMforge/Repoforge and Puppet
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:16:41 +0000

Hi,

I notice that you're the last person who updated the puppet package SPEC file in the repoforge/rpmforge repository:

https://github.com/repoforge/rpms/blob/master/specs/puppet/puppet.spec

I was wondering if you had any plans to update this to a newer version of puppet any time soon?  I think it's up to something like 2.7.20 (up from 2.7.9) now, and it happens that there's a really irritating bug in versions before 2.7.10 (although apparently 2.7.10 had regressions of its own) that affects me and I suspect a number of other people:

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/11414

The problem is in version checking the augeas libraries, which stopped working at 0.10.0 due I think to using string comparison instead of version comparison.

Obviously I could try and rebuild this package and roll it out to all of my machines myself, but it looks like there would be a fair bit of learning curve involved in that so if you were already planning on looking at it, it would save me a lot of time…

Cheers,

	-- Ian

--
Sincerely yours,