[users] [Fwd: RPMforge/Repoforge and Puppet]

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Wed Nov 21 13:31:42 CET 2012

Hi Ian,

On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 13:23 +0100, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:

> I notice that you're the last person who updated the puppet package
> SPEC file in the repoforge/rpmforge repository:

I would like to update Puppet in RepoForge, but currently I lack time
and resources to do so.

Right now the version that is currently in is not as horribly broken as
it used to be the case for 0.25x series, so while updating to the latest
Puppet is desired, it's not a matter of life and death.

Besides, the repository that PuppetLabs is offering is getting better
and better over time, so I think eventually we should evaluate the
option of removing Puppet altogether and directing users to PuppetLabs
instead in the future.

Did you try PuppetLabs repository or you figured it doesn't solve your
problem?

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev