[users] [Fwd: RPMforge/Repoforge and Puppet]

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Wed Nov 21 15:33:33 CET 2012

On 21 Nov 2012, at 12:31, "Yury V. Zaytsev" <yury at shurup.com> wrote:

> Besides, the repository that PuppetLabs is offering is getting better
> and better over time, so I think eventually we should evaluate the
> option of removing Puppet altogether and directing users to PuppetLabs
> instead in the future.
>
> Did you try PuppetLabs repository or you figured it doesn't solve your
> problem?

I only came across their repository after I sent you the original mail earlier today, so I haven't tried it yet.  My main concern would be whether they end up putting everything in the same place: in the "learning Puppet" VM, for example, they appear to drop everything into /etc/puppetlabs/puppet instead of just /etc/puppet.  I guess I could just try this on a clean VM and see, though; it may be to do with their Enterprise offering which I think is what's in that VM.

I'd also note that their repository only includes Fedora, RHEL 5 and RHEL 6; i.e., none of the older EL releases are covered.  I don't know how important that is these days (I happen to be on CentOS 5 and CentOS 6 so it would be fine for me personally).

	-- Ian