[users] [Fwd: RPMforge/Repoforge and Puppet]

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Wed Nov 21 18:20:29 CET 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 16:37 +0000, Ian Young wrote:

> I just tried this with a random VM I wasn't using for anything else.

Thanks for sharing!

I see, so the major point is that PuppetLabs are offering 3.x already,
which to me looks like quite a big leap. Personally, I'd like to stick
to 2.7.x on my infrastructure for awhile, now that I have extremely
limited time for maintenance available...

> How any of this might play into Repoforge's packaging guidelines I have no idea.

Having that said, I think it makes sense for us to provide 2.7.x for
quite some time. Steve has just merged Tom's pull request in, so now
it's up to Dag to build it and it will become available at some point.

> Personally, I agree 100% but again I don't know what Repoforge's
> versioning policies are.

The policy is that whatever gets into extended life cycle is supported
on the best effort basis, i.e. we don't willfully break things, but
support for those platforms is not a priority.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev