[users] Clamav

Pete Geenhuizen pete at geenhuizen.net
Tue Jul 2 15:38:38 CEST 2013

On 07/02/2013 08:52 AM, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 01:11:19PM +0100, Always Learning wrote:
> Same old story, just a different day.  Single points of failure are a
> fail.  This is absolutely nothing new and frankly I and quite a few
> others don't see any it changing anytime soon.
>
> If you want updates, use EPEL or maintain packages yourself.  The trust
> that people used to have in rpmforge was justified.  The trust that
> people still have in rpmforge is not.
>
> This is not a slam on David or any other contributor, either: the issues are
> outside their control.  The clamav issue that brought this thread to the
> list is months old; the overall problem goes back further.
>
> And it's a real shame.
>

> 							John

These problems are new to me, I just recently subscribed to this list to
try to get an answer as to why there was no update to clamav.

It sure is disheartening to see the direction that this repo is headed,
it has been one of the better ones.  Sigh.

Pete

--
Unencumbered by the thought process.
  -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers