[users] Clamav

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Wed Jul 3 15:29:23 CEST 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-03 at 03:33 -0500, John R. Dennison wrote:

> I must admit... I find the fact that Dag can take the time to post to
> his google+ feed and yet not respond to concerns made by users of his
> repo on _his own mailing list_ quite troublesome.

Don't be too hard on him... that's just life as it is.

Priorities do change as time goes by, tiredness accumulates and often I
find myself doing something else with some spare 15-20 minutes of my
time rather than contributing to the projects that I once was very
actively involved in, and still care about to a certain extent.

I, for once, can't blame him for posting to G+ instead of going through
the mailing lists, maybe you are way more perfect than we are...

> Perhaps it's just time to turn the whole thing over to someone or some
> group of people that have the time and ability to return rpmforge to
> what it once was - a community vetted and trusted resource.

We are working on that, and the main problem is not that Dag is being
uncooperative (he is cooperative!), but rather the trivial lack of
manpower. Take me as an example, these days, I'm talking much more than
actually doing something useful...

Don't fret too much over it; either Repoforge will survive, or it will
die, and in neither case the world will come to an end.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev