[users] Clamav

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Wed Jul 3 17:13:36 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 03:29:23PM +0200, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:

> Don't be too hard on him... that's just life as it is.

I am hardly being "hard" on him.  But my last statement still stands: if
he isn't able to do what needs to be done then the keys (literally)
should be turned over to someone that can.  It's hardly fair to users of
his repo for updates to just stop showing up because there is a single
point of failure, Yury.

> I, for once, can't blame him for posting to G+ instead of going through
> the mailing lists, maybe you are way more perfect than we are...

That may be.  But if he has time to post reponses to one of the SL lists
he has time to address the concerns in this, his own, list.  Either he
cares enough to do so or he doesn't; the fact that he is active
elsewhere does sorta point to the latter, unfortunately.

> We are working on that, and the main problem is not that Dag is being
> uncooperative (he is cooperative!), but rather the trivial lack of
> manpower. Take me as an example, these days, I'm talking much more than
> actually doing something useful...

Heh. People have been "working on that" for quite some time.  Perhaps
that should be a sign :)

> Don't fret too much over it; either Repoforge will survive, or it will
> die, and in neither case the world will come to an end.

I must admit that frankly I am hardly concerned if it drops off the face
of the planet or returns to its prior level of support - I am capable of
maintaining my own packages for that which is not available elsewhere.
I still pull repo content catalogs from rpmforge just to keep my indexes
up to date but I've since moved a lot of boxes, both my own and those of
my clients, off of rpmforge.  This being said, I'll reiterate again that
I do very much hope that the situation can be corrected.

							John
--
The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to
have any.

-- Katharine Whitehorn (1928-), British journalist, writer, and columnist