[users] Why RepoForge RpmForge not available?

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sun Sep 22 13:27:08 CEST 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 12:24:25PM +0200, David Hrbáč wrote:

> Yes, we are in the crisis, definitely. No updates for 5-6 months. Where
> are the updates? I dare to say Dag does not care about RepoForge. But
> this reminds me those days, when Dag left CentOS project. I can recall
> his points and it seems to me, that Dag's repo is at the very same state
> as CentOS was at that time...

There is one little point about this that bears mentioning.  CentOS
was still functional at many levels at that time; the same can not be
said for rpmforge.

> That's why I have created repoforge-updates repository, just to handle
> the commits we have in our Git repository. See
> http://lists.repoforge.org/pipermail/users/2013-September/029387.html

And while I commend you for this, this is a small little band-aide on a
gaping wound that is spilling its lifeblood on the sand.

It would be wonderful if Dag would have the guts to comment on any of
the multiple threads referencing his complete inattention to his own
project.  Everything is excuses from others; he maintains his ridiculous
silence.  And yet he's still seen posting elsewhere on the net.  It's
truly pathetic.  The least he could do is turn everything over to
someone that still cares and just walk away; just like he walked out on
the CentOS projects a few years back.  He wasn't missed then; he won't
be missed now, either.  The only reason he is still relevant is his
complete public silence on the issue.

I'm sorry if this comes across harsh, but it's the truth, whether anyone
else is blunt enough to call him on this in public or not.

							John
--
When you've driven race cars, and when you've jumped out of airplanes, cars
are on fire, when you've been upside down at two hundred miles per hour

-- Carroll Shelby (11 January 1912 - 10 May 2012)
   American automotive designer, racing driver, and entrepreneur