[users] Why RepoForge RpmForge not available?

Always Learning repoforge at a8.u22.net
Sun Sep 22 14:47:38 CEST 2013

On Sun, 2013-09-22 at 06:27 -0500, John R. Dennison wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 12:24:25PM +0200, David Hrbáč wrote:
>>
> > That's why I have created repoforge-updates repository, just to handle
> > the commits we have in our Git repository. See
> > http://lists.repoforge.org/pipermail/users/2013-September/029387.html

> And while I commend you for this, this is a small little band-aide on a
> gaping wound that is spilling its lifeblood on the sand.
>
> It would be wonderful if Dag would have the guts to comment on any of
> the multiple threads referencing his complete inattention to his own
> project.  Everything is excuses from others; he maintains his ridiculous
> silence.  And yet he's still seen posting elsewhere on the net.  It's
> truly pathetic.  The least he could do is turn everything over to
> someone that still cares and just walk away; just like he walked out on
> the CentOS projects a few years back.  He wasn't missed then; he won't
> be missed now, either.  The only reason he is still relevant is his
> complete public silence on the issue.
>
> I'm sorry if this comes across harsh, but it's the truth, whether anyone
> else is blunt enough to call him on this in public or not.

Be reasonable. Be tolerant. Try to understand Human Beings.

Dag did wonderfully well for many years. Now he appears to have some
form of psychological barrier that prevents him dealing with the Repo.
If that is the situation, we should sympathetically accept that Human
Beings are susceptible to this type of non-permanent handicap. Its not
the end of the world !

Centos was rescued, very successfully. The Repo can be rescued with the
help of kind, altruistic and talented volunteers. The first tasks are

1. establishing access to the Repo storage, build stack (I think someone
mentioned) and to the signing key.

2. if signing key access is denied then a replacement signing key is
required.

3. if 'build stack' access is impossible, a replacement is required.

4. establishing a management group to take effective control of the
Repo.

5. David Hrbáč is well positioned to guide the rescue project.

Lets be positive and let us make supportive and constructive efforts to
rescue the Repo.

Has anyone recently tried to telephone Dag at work or at his home?

Best regards,

Paul
England, EU.