[users] Why RepoForge RpmForge not available?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun Sep 22 22:26:34 CEST 2013

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013, Бекренев Дмитрий wrote:

> I'm can't download
> http://pkgs.repoforge.org/rpmforge-release/rpmforge-release-0.5.3-1.el6.rf.x86_64.rpm
> repositiory not available.
> why?

One of both disks in the RAID1 setup was broken (completely unresponsive).
We had to shut down the system to have the hosting facility replace it.

During the resync of the disks we encountered I/O errors on the second
disk as well, which delayed recovery but thanks to a nice blog-post
(http://www.sj-vs.net/forcing-a-hard-disk-to-reallocate-bad-sectors/) we
could finish the resync during the weekend and bring the system back.

We will have to shut down the system again to get the second disk
replaced eventually though :-/ Guess we've been lucky the second disk was
recoverably to some point though.

PS Thanks to Bert de Bruijn for covering during my absence (family duty).

-- dagit linux solutions, contact at dagit.net, http://dagit.net/