[users] Why RepoForge RpmForge not available?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Sep 23 11:11:28 CEST 2013

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> I'm glad you were able to recover the system's data. I'll restrain the
> lecture about "backup needs to be on a different architecture, because
> similar systems often fail at the same time".
>
> Do you have the facilities, even offsite facilities, to do "rsnapshot"
> based or other snapshot capable storage systems?

Everything on this system is both on the original system at home, as well
as on most of the mirrors. It's just that restoring from backup in this
case would be more effort than simply recovering from the second disk.

BTW The monitoring just notified that now the second disk is completely
dead. Must have been the same production batch...

-- dagit linux solutions, contact at dagit.net, http://dagit.net/