[users] Why RepoForge RpmForge not available?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 13:51:00 CEST 2013

> Everything on this system is both on the original system at home, as well
as on most of the mirrors. It's just that restoring from backup in this
case would be more effort than simply recovering from the second disk.

Cool. Nice to see that you've thought ahead.

> BTW The monitoring just notified that now the second disk is completely
dead. Must have been the same production batch...

Ouch. You've my sympathies. I had Terabyte arrays of the cheap IBM Deskstar
drives, referred to as "Deathstar" drives due to a shared manufacturing
flaw,  go toes up, one drive after another, before the RAID 5 arrays could
recover from the first failures. There's more to that story, but it
requires beer to tell these days.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help out, or help get package
updates flowing into RPMforge again.