[users] Clamd

Rob Kampen rkampen at kampensonline.com
Wed Feb 19 10:19:53 CET 2014

On 02/19/2014 07:23 PM, David Walsh wrote:
> Use David's own (hopefully temporary mirror) which has the latest
> rpm's.   Search the archives back to June/July for the URL
> announcement as I don't have it handy.
>
> Fingers crossed RPMForge/Repoforge will sort their issues out soon.

been waiting too long - I have just migrated three mail servers from
repoforge versions of clam* to the epel versions - there are some items
to watch out for ....
steps if you have the amavis / spamassain / clamav setup as per centos wiki:

1. change repo priority or whatever so that yum update uses the epel version
2. copy freshclam.conf to save file and replace with freshclam.conf.rpmnew
3. copy clamd.conf to save file and replace with clamd.conf.rpmsave
4. mark up / edit any other changes you may have made to these files
(none in my case)
5. edit clamd.conf to change the sock file from
/var/run/clamav/clamd.sock to /var/run/clamav/clamd
6. add clam to the amavis group (epel uses user clam as opposed to
repoforge's clamd)
7. chown of the two current log files in /var/log/clamav/
8. restart clamd

check all working in logs, send some test emails and virus test
signatures ..... QED
YMMV