[users] Latest Centos 7 update failure

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:24:46 CET 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 8:04 AM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg
<Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr> wrote:
> On 12/14/2015 07:42 PM, Andy Coleman wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Please go gently - I'm in new terrritory !
>>
>> There's a large Centos 7 update.
>>
>> 4 files  of which are gstreamer1-various which I added via rpmforge
>>
>> This fails with the following...
>>
>> Transaction check error:   file /usr/lib64/gstreamer-1.0/libgstdtmf.so
>> from install of gstreamer1-plugins-good-1.4.5-2.el7.x86_64 conflicts
>> with file from package gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free-1.0.7-4.el7.x86_64
>>
>> whether you use  the Centos update option or...
>>
>> yum --enablerepo=rpmforge install gstreamer1-plugins-good
>>
>> via a terminal.
>>
>> Is this a packaging error or something I can correct ?
>

> Hi,
>
> gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free is available in Centos 7, version is 1.4.5-3 and
> doesn't conflict with gstreamer1-plugins-good-1.4.5-2.el7.x86_64 (which is
> also from C7 base). Are you using yum-plugin-priorities and is is set up
> correctly?
>
> Furthermore repoforge isn't actively maintained AFAIK, I recommend removing
> any rf packages on your machine and replacing them with packages from base +
> elrepo + epel + nux-dextop repos.
> See https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

I'll second this. It's not been actively maintained since Dag Wiers
stepped back from managing it, including the subversion updates, which
I published for a while. The overlap with projects which are included
in RHEL and CentOS is a worsening problem. If you need to activate
rpmforge, manipulate the yum configuration to include *only* those
components you want.